Costs for self-employed people are way more than money.
- Time cost — Entrepreneurs never really clock out
- Emotional cost — Failure happens often. It hurts.
- Identity cost — Self-employment means redefining yourself.
- Gratification cost — You must say “no” to a lot of good things.
- Learning cost — If you don’t like learning, just get a job.
- Reputation cost — Every day, your name is on the line.
Doing your own thing can be amazing. Just remember you’re risking more valuable assets than money.